How To Reboot My Modem
Reboot DSL Modem
- If you are having an issue with your DSL connection, you might need to reboot your modem.
- Pull the black power cord out of the back of the modem for 10 seconds and then plug it back in.
- Restart the computer and see if you are reconnected.
How To Know If My Modem Is Bad
Question: Is your Modem Bad?
Answer: If you have to constantly reboot your modem or if there is a power surge, then the modem itself might be going bad. You can purchase a DSL modem from Best Buy or Staples. Once you purchase the modem you will need to put the account settings into the modem.
1) If you have a Zoom modem there are 2 IP addresses that you can use to log in and check the settings. In the top of the address bar type in http://192.168.1.1 or http://10.0.0.2 and it will bring up a username and password. The username will be “admin” and the password should be “zoomadsl” If not try “admin” for the username and “admin” for the password.
2) Once you log into the modem make sure that the Protocol is set to PPPoE.
3) VPI should be set to 0 and VCI should be set to 35
4) The username will be the homephone number @value.net and it should look like email@example.com.
5) The password will be “password” all lowercase.
How To Setup My DSL Modem
How To Setup My DSL Modem.
- If you have rebooted the modem and it doesn’t log back in you can check the settings in the modem. If it is a Zoom modem there are 2 IP addresses that you can use to log in and check the settings. In the top of the address bar type in http://192.168.1.1 or http://10.0.0.2 and it will bring up a username and password. The username will be “admin” and the password should be “zoomadsl” If not try “admin” for the username and “admin” for the password.
- If you have a Netgear modem the URL is usually http://192.168.1.1 or you can try http://routerlogin.net. The username is usually admin and the password is password.
- If you have an Actiontec modem the URL is http://192.168.0.1 and you can follow the instructions here: http://support.actiontec.com/doc_files/GT701D_NCS_Ethernet_DSL_Modem_User_Manual-v1.0_126.96.36.199.1.pdf
- Once you log into the modem make sure that the Protocol is set to PPPoE.
- VPI should be set to 0 and VCI should be set to 35
- The username will be your home phone firstname.lastname@example.org and it should look like this as an example: email@example.com
- The password will be “password” all lowercase.
- Once those settings are in the modem click the Save/Apply button. In older modems choose Save Changes then click Write Settings to Flash.
How To Connect My DSL Modem
1. Installing Phone Filters:
You must install the included Phone Line Filters on every device (phones, fax machine, satellite receivers etc.) that is connected to the same line as your new DSL.
2. Installing DSL Modem
1. Plug the included Phone Line Splitter into your Wall Jack. If you are going to be using another device (phone, fax machine, satellite receiver etc.) plug-in one of your Phone Line filters into the Splitter and then plug your phone into the filter. On the other side of the splitter hookup your DSL modem directly with the supplied phone cable. Be sure to plug it into the LINE or DSL port on the back of your modem.
2. Make sure your computer is turned off.
3. Take the supplied Ethernet cable and plug it into the LAN or ETHERNET port on the back of the modem. Plug the other end of the cable into the Ethernet port on the computer.
4. Plug the supplied power cord into the modem and then into an available plug nearby. Once you plug-in the power supply, the modem will turn on automatically. If there is a switch on the back of the modem make sure to flip it to the ON position.
5. Once the DSL light on the front of the modem stops blinking, turn your computer on and you will be ready to surf the internet!
6. If the DSL light continues to blink for longer than a few minutes and it is PAST your scheduled due date for DSL, please call our Technical Support at 610-437-2221 option 2.
DSL Settings For Zoom X3 Modem 1
DSL Settings for Zoom X6 Modem
DSL Settings For Zoom X7N Modem
Need additional help?
Fill out our form so that we can respond to you via e-mail
Call Us! (610) 437-2221, option 2
or Toll-Free (877) 368-3711, option 2
Please Note: If you are having problems sending or receiving e-mail, it may not be possible to offer adequate support via e-mail. For these types of issues, please call our support department by phone at your convenience.